Monday, September 27, 2010

Sept. 27, 2010 Last e-mail from Treinta y Tres??

Hey all,,

Welcome to my final email(probly) from 33. It's pretty exciting to think about what my new area will be. At the same time, I don't want to leave here. I'm afraid i've already had my best area of the mission.

Anyways, the theme of this week is service projects. We haven't done any real service projects in a while, but this week I ended up doing 4.
Project #1 - Climbing trees barefoot - We cut up a tree for an old lady. I was on an intercambio. It felt really good to climb a tree barefoot again.)
Project #2 - Pulling weeds from sidewalk cracks - We helped another old lady in Varela pull weeds.
Project #3 - Doing exercises in a retirement home - Also in Varela, we went to visit a member who lives there and they ended up roping us into the exercise class. The people loved it. They thought it was hilarious to see us doing the same dumb little exercises that they do. It was really fun.
Project #4 - District-wide clean-up-and-re-paint-the-school-project-thing - All the members and missionaries from our areas went to fix up a bunch of dormitory type buildings. It was part of a nationwide Service Holiday that they do every year.

Yeah, we're starting to have some spring there, which means it's time for...GENERAL CONFERENCE!
Will you hear it in english? Yes. Apparently, it's a mission tradition that all the gringos get together to watch. We're ordering a bunch of hamburgers and watching it together in the stake center. This is one of the few times we stay out late. We're watching all the sessions live, so priesthood is pretty late at night. I think until 11, so the next day is gonna be rough. but we're really excited for General Conference. It'll be a good way to end my stay in 33. I love this place and I love the people, but now I can get to know a new place and new people.

Change prediction: I'm going to montevideo...somewhere.

Love you all, thanks for everything, I'm praying for you. Have a good week! Talk to you on Tuesday to let you know where the next part of my life will happen.

--
Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all. The salutation of Elder Parry with mine own hand, which is the token in every email: so I write. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


2 attachments — Download all attachments View all images
DSCN0248.JPG
5024K View Download
100_1345.JPG
2171K View Download

Reply Reply to all Forward

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home