Monday, September 6, 2010

September 6, 2010 Treinta y Tres with Elder Draper

Back in Treinta y Tres. After my wild P-day in Montevideo, I'm back at good old Cybernet in 33 instead of the cyber in Tres cruces. Yeah, we ended up going to Tienda Inglesa (English store) last monday. I got some barbecue sauce and mac and cheese, nothing real special. The main reason I was excited was I had heard they had really nice ties for really cheap. They ended up being really expensive (By my standards. I'm learning more and more words for `stingy` lately as people call me them. Someone told me I "Worship the Virgin of the Elbow" I guess...elbows have something to do with being cheap.) and not that nice, but it was still nice. I got to see all my group from the CCM, including the ones who went to the other mission. we had to do our immigration papers together witht hem.

This week was...a little rough. Not too bad, but...the Santa Rosa came. Fortunately, it cleared up saturday night, so people could go to church. That was definitely an answer to more than one missionary's prayers. But it's been a good week. We've still got our investigators going strong, but right now, we're not really finding many new investigators lately. Oh well, we've still got plenty to do. Me and Draper are getting along just fine and getting some good work done.

All of our converts are doing pretty well. We gave vanessa a blessing of health yesterday because she said the father of her daughter "is doing stuff to hurt them." even though he doesn't live anywhere near them. We then found out he is into some crazy satanic stuff, like Vanessa used to be part of when she was a teenager. So, that was a really interesting experience.

One of our branch president's wife recently told us the story of his life in the church and it blew my mind. He was raised by a single mother who was inactive, never knew his father, lived with his aunt and uncle who smoked and drank and everything. He was inspired by the movie "Together Forever" and never went inactive his whole life, served the mission, and everything. He's...a really rare story down here, where the church's roots aren't very deep. There aren't many members as faithful as he, but it's nice to hear about one every once in a while.

Bueno, until next week. Hope everything keeps going well.

--
Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all. The salutation of Elder Parry with mine own hand, which is the token in every email: so I write. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home