Monday, August 2, 2010

August 2nd, Treinta y Tres with Elder Draper

Hey all,,

Everything is going awesome here. We had our baptism on Saturday. Unfortunately, only 2 of the 3 we were planning on happened. Cecilia and Flabia who are cousins came through and are really solid. Vanessa, however, had some complications and will take a little more time and work to help her get baptized. She didn't show up to the baptism and so we were running to her house to find her and figure out what happened. I tripped pretty bad and skinned my knees. It was right in front of a group of people, so that was pretty embarrassing, but all is well. Anyways, I baptized Cecilia and Elder Draper baptized Flabia. Then yesterday, I confirmed Flabia and Elder Draper confirmed Cecilia. I was really nervous about it before. I wasn't planning on doing a confirmation, but right before sacrament meeting, the branch president asked me to do one of them. Confirmations and blessings in Spanish use a different type of language, similar to us speaking in thee and thou ( tù .) which iswhat we use in prayers. Tù is what we always spoke when I was learning in High School, but as we only use Usted as missionaries when speaking to people, I'd forgotten a little bit, but I managed to pull it off and it was really cool.

Breakdown of when I use Tù, Usted, and Vos:
Tù: prayers, which I basically only use limited phrases, like `we ask thee to bless us,` quoting scriptures, and blessings
Vos: Children, Animals (especially dogs), and whenever I tell stories about something at home. You guys all speak in vos to me when I tell stories.
Usted: Everyone else

But yeah, everything is going well here. Sounds like Bear Lake has been cool for everyone. I have no idea what Minute to Win It is. Mom's been telling me you were going to do it for a while, but I don't know what it is. Sounds like everyone's doing the normal Bear Lake stuff. I miss that pizza. We have pizza here every once in a while, but it's not very good compared to the stuff at home. They don't have pepperoni. THe closest substitute is bacon, which is kinda weird, so we don't eat tons of pizza.

I haven't gotten the letters from this week. I will this afternoon. Hopefully Ron Roper's letter will have arrived. Mary sounded really excited about hearing from him.

Am I comfortable with my:
Country: Absolutely
City: Absolutely
Area: I'm starting to have been here for a long time. I love it, but it's starting to feel a little like I've talked to everyone. It's not the case, but it kind of is getting to that point. Fortunately, the members are really really good her and we have lots of lunch from them.
Apartment: It's still pretty nice. We might have just gotten another leak today, so we'll have to fix that. The address is Juan Rosas 720 between Felipe Carapè and Pantaleon Artigas. It's fairly close to Ruta 8.
Branch[es]: They're really good. Solid leadership and members that love the missionaries.
Comp: He's really good. He's pretty old in the mission, so he knows what he's doing.
Etc: Everything is going really well. The work is progressing here, so I'm happy.
Shoes: They're awesome. I wish we had gotten shoes like this from the start.
Food Situation: Yes.

How much of the stuff I packed am I using? Probably about 65%ish.)

Pictures: I definitely will try to send some next week. There were some really good ones from the baptism, but we ended up with out a card reader again today. If you're looking for something to send me, that would be nice. (SD port that connects to USB port.)


--
Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all. The salutation of Elder Parry with mine own hand, which is the token in every email: so I write. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home