Monday, July 26, 2010

July 26, 2010 Treinta y Tres with Elder Draper

Hey all,,

Hope you're all enjoying your summer. The winter's finally starting to really kick in. It rains every Sunday, which is a pain because no one comes if it rains. Fortunately, the 3 people who are getting baptized this saturday did come, so the baptism is still on. I was planning on sending a picture this week, but I should have a few more interesting pictures next week, so I decided to wait.)

Susan and Mark, congratulations on winning a million vacations. You just need to win a trip to Uruguay now to come visit me.

Emily, I'm glad you're up in the air about which temple to get married in, and not about whether or not to get married in the temple. That's awesome. Also, I have to recommend the Uruguay Montevideo temple, so I can go...and Susan and Mark can come too because they'll win a trip down here.)

Elder Draper is from Orem. He was born in Hawaii though, so that's what he tells everyone, so they don't make comments about him being from the ´´factory´´ or the ´´hen.´´ (if you served spanish speaking, you get why it's called that.) Anyways, he didn't go to BYU, i think he left right out of high school. He's really good and we're seeing lots of success here.

Yeah, I made contact with Mary Rondàn this week and asked about Ron Roper. I asked if she knew an Elder Roper and she said ``Ronald Roper?! Don't tell me you know Ronald Roper! God has put you in my path!`` Apparently she's been scouring facebook looking for him but there are too many Ronald Roper's so she couldn't find him. That was pretty cool. She was asking how she can get in contact with him and I promised I'd ask. If he's sending something to the Urumontemission thing, then that'll do it. Awesome.
Sounds like you've all got a good week coming up. I'm a little jealous I'm not going to Bear Lake. Don't worry though. It's not ´´Trunking me out of my mind``

Anyways, there are lots of changes going on with the mission, around the world. It's not quite as drastic as changing to 8 lessons, there are still just 4. It's just that we're focusing more specifically on 8 different teaching things. Nothing has really changed. Just there are new materials. It's kind of just another ``raising the bar`` but with teaching ability rather than pre-mission worthiness. It's really exciting. I think it's gonna make a big difference.

Anyways, have fun this week, and I will talk to you later.

Love,
Elder Bryan Parry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home