Monday, June 21, 2010

Treinta y Tres June 21, 2010

Hey all,,

Hope all is well there. All is well here. We're finally seeing people progress. We had a couple weeks where we found a million people to teach but we could never find them a second time. Now we're settling down and finding real investigators that we've been able to teach a few times. We now have 2 people with baptismal dates. We've had others with baptismal dates, but then they don't come to church, so they lose it, so we're really excited about these 2. Their grandma is an inactive member and she's now getting active and bringing her granddaughters with her. It's awesome to see the change in their lives.

Wow. Toy Story 3. I thought it would never come out. I remember when I left thinking ''At least it doesn't come out anywhere near close to the day I leave. It's not until the summer.'' I can't believe it's already summer there and people are going to lagoon and stuff. That's so weird to me. It's just starting to get cold here.

Questions:
a. I assume Uruguay celebrates father's day, but I have no idea when. I think Saturday was grandparents day. They have holidays for everything. It was just the birthday of Artigas too. They love Artigas.
1. I haven't played the piano in church since the MTC and there's a piano with all the hymns programmed in, so I won't have to until I go to an area without that piano. My companion has given 2 talks now, including one yesterday. Both of our branch presidents know I'm new, so they haven't assigned me. I had to introduce myself at the pulpit my first week in both branches, but that's it.
2. My companion is really good. He's pretty old, but he's still working. We get along really well
3. Is he trunky? He's had a few trunky dreams about getting released and stuff, but he's still working, so it's okay.
4. Typical day. Most of it is in Preach My Gospel. Get up at 6:30, eat, get ready, study at 8, leave at 10. Work until lunch at around noon. We eat with members every day and it's usually a huge meal that I have to force myself to finish. It's always really good. We work until 9 unless we have a lesson when we work until 9:30.
b. I haven't gotten the blanket or sleeping bag yet. I'm going sleeping bag shopping today probably. It's starting to get pretty cold at night.

Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all. The salutation of Elder Parry with mine own hand, which is the token in every email: so I write. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home