Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day One in Uruguay April 20, 2010

Hey everyone,, I'm writing to you from the Tres Cruces Bus Station in Montevideo, Uruguay. We just got out of the mission home. The flight went well. Everything went perfect. I got to sleep a little on the plane, which was good because we got up at 4:45 this morning. Now, I'm with my trainer and we're in a little internet café. My trainer's name is Elder Erickson and he seems like he'll be really good. It's so great to be out here and really in my mission. We're waiting for a bus to head out to our area. We're assigned to Treinta y Tres ( which by the way, I guessed) and we'll taking the bus for 3 or 3.5 hours. We're "whitewashing" the area which means he doesn't know the area. He's never been too far from the coast, so this will be a little new for both of us. It's exciting.

The mission has a system similar to dearelder, but faster. If you send me an email at this email address, then they print it out at the mission home and they give it to me each week, so that's probably a really good way to write to me. Sounds like the mail is about as reliable here as it was in Argentina if not slower, so who knows. Anyways, here's the address. urumontemission@gmail.com

So anyways, I'm here. I'm safe. I'm happy. I'm looking forward to getting to the area tonight. I don't know if we'll really get out to work tonight because we'll be travelling so late, but it'll be good to get used to the apartment and move in tonight.

Love you all. Talk to you soon!
--
Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all. The salutation of Elder Parry with mine own hand, which is the token in every email: so I write. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home