Monday, May 17, 2010

May 17, 2010 Treinta y Tres, Uruguay

Hey all,

Sounds like everything's going pretty well at home with the Linda and Bill's wedding and stuff. I imagine things were pretty busy. I'm jealous you all got to go to the temple. I haven't gone in ages now. at least 3 months.

Update regarding the work: Everything's going pretty well with our investigadores, but our focus as a zone was to get people in church, so every time we talked to someone we were talking about going to church. When Sunday came around, we had only 1 investigator in church and he's a 9 year old whose mom got baptized a year ago. So that was kinda rough, Especially since we had so many people who were sure they were going to come. "It's times like this when a missionary wants to take away the [free will] of your [investigators]"--Elder Erickson, edited so it came out completely in English. He has trouble with that.

Haven't been to a baptism yet. We're having one this week that won't count for us, but I'll get to see how a baptism works here. There's a font in the building, so I assume it'll be pretty similar to normal baptisms.

Branches' priesthood leadership: Awesome. Both branch presidents are awesome. We actually have Consejo de Rama every week. (ward council?) which apparently is somewhat rare down here.

I'm really starting to get used to stuff. I'm opening my mouth more. I understand 95% of the people 99% of the time and the other 5%, 25% of the time. Food, culture, language: I'm pretty accustomed to it all now. I forget i'm in a foreign country every once in a while.

I don't think that the elders that were robbed weren't robbed from the apartment. He just had a ton of stuff in his backpack and it was his last day and so he had his camera and stuff, including the keys to our apartment.All the locks are changed now though. Don't worry.

That's cool you watched a tourist video on Uruguay. I'll have to make you one. My comp made a short one of a town we rode through on the bus that was one of his old areas. I love it here. I'm loving the country and the people

I have started using that jacket. Just the inner part yet. There hasn't been any rain since I got here. It's looked about to rain several times, but never did. I've been pretty lucky.

Congratulations, Syd on the dance stuff. Sounds like you're pretty pro now, huh. Bien hecho, muchacha.

Y bueno, sounds like life is pretty peachy in the states. Life is peachy here too. Hope things keep being so good for you all,
--
Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all. The salutation of Elder Parry with mine own hand, which is the token in every email: so I write. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home