Monday, July 19, 2010

July 19th, 2010 Treinta y Tres with Elder Draper

Yes, I got the box. I haven't opened it yet.

Hey y´all,,

Congratulations, Emily and Nathan for getting engaged. I'm sorry I'll have to miss the wedding, but that's so awesome. I'm really excited for you guys. Also excited I don't have to help mom with all the planning.

Happy pioneer day this week for all of you people in Utah. Fun fact: It's a worldwide holiday throughout the church. I read all about it in the Liahona.
Re: Ron Roper and The Rondan Family. I do know them. Mary at least. She's somewhat active in the church. She's helped us with a couple of lessons. She speaks really funny english. I think all their kids are moved out to different parts of Uruguay, so I don't really know much about the rest of the family. Were they his converts? They don't live on D. Oribe any more, but they do live in the same branch of Olimar.
Yes, it is getting quite cold. The cold doesn't really bother me. The rain though...is rough. It gets really cold and uncomfortable when it rains. I found some big rubber boots in our apartment, so that's been nice. The jacket's holding up nice against the water.

My new comp, Elder Draper is really good. Yes, that's him with the blond curly hair. Yes, he does go home Dec. 2010...and looking forward to it.He's still really good though. He works and is obedient and that's all that matter. This is my one chance to call him trunky in this email because I'm with Elder Colvin again today. All the district leaders and zone leaders had to go into montevideo for a conference for a couple of days this week to make some adjustments to Preach My Gospel. It's pretty unheard of. While he's gone, Colvin and I are working both areas, and I'm district leader.

Hoh. That's cool to hear about Christian's friend. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for him.
I don't think there's anything else much going on here. life is Just Perfect. I'll talk to you again next week.
Our baptisms for this change:
Vanessa. Still progressing really well. She's trying to quit smoking and is doing alright.
Cecilia and Flavia. Back from the countryside, came to church for the second time. THey're doing really well.
Edith. Brought to church by her halfsister who is a member. She already wants to get baptized.
Our goal is to get all of them baptized the 31st of july, so we'll see what happens. They're all really excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home