Monday, October 25, 2010

Oct. 25, 2010 Maronas, Libya with Elder Bracho

Hey all,,
Welcome to this week's email. I'm kinda out of it today, soI might not remember all the things I was gonna say. I had to go to the hospital last night. We were there until about 2 in the morning, thinking we were gonna stay the night, but all the tests got back, they told us it wasn't that big of a deal and then we came home at around 3. Also, I was not the reason we went to the hospital. It was my comp. He got his appendix out his first change of teh mission, so he knows the hospital pretty well. So you know, it's a British Hospital and it's really nice. It's the official hospital of the mission. There's plenty of people that speak english and it's...a really notsouthamerican hospital. Bracho just had a flu with a really bad fever and is recovering now. The next few days I'm gonna be trying to work with members so we don't fall behind on our work because we've got the baptism of Jesus this week. He's had a baptismal fecha for a while, but he hasn't recieved all the charlas so we'll be working really fast with him to get him ready. He's 18 years old and is really interested in the church.

As always, I have no idea what I want for Christmas. just..be happy, call me, and if you want to send anything, I'll be happy to recieve it. Halloween is this week and I hear the worst. I hear the kids egg missionaries on halloween, so...yeah. that'll be interesting. I'll let you know how it goes.

Yeah, we're going to the temple the 4th. I think we'll do an english session or we'll have headsets. I don't know yet.
Probably for thanksgiving, I think it'll be a party among missionaries on pday. The holiday either doesn't exist or isn't a big deal here.

What are P-days like? Tranquilo. If we're at home, we just wear whatever. If we go to play soccer, we wear athletic clothes. If we were at the hospital all night and are super tired and only leave the house to come to the cyber, we wear normal(normalperson, not normalmissionary.) clothes. But in general on p-days outside the house, we wear our missionary garb. We are allowed to see the sights. We haven't done it much here because we haven't had time. We can't go to watch soccer games. We have half an hour on email. I do a little snail mail. In this area District meetings are on tuesdays. In 33, we had districtmeetings in the morning before p-day, so it depends on the zone.

Sounds like everything's going great back home. Hope it continues that way. Enjoy every minute.

--
Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all. The salutation of Elder Parry with mine own hand, which is the token in every email: so I write. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home