Monday, November 1, 2010

Nov. 1, 2010 Libya, Montevideo with Elder Bracho


Hey all,,

One more crazy week done. Time is really flying. We're already in November and I can't even believe it. Halloween passed, but out of all of the doors we knocked yesterday, no one gave us candy. Luckily, it was a Sunday, so we're in the house by 8. Nothing happened. I think it helps that we're in springtime here, so it wasn't even close to getting dark yet. There were probly 5 trick or treaters out that we saw. No one down here has original costumes, like we do in the states (especially my nieces and nephew.) They're all witches and zombies. It was kinda sad. We did happen to go to a house that has a framed drawing of Quailman, one of my finest Halloween costumes ever. I had no idea anyone know what Doug was down here.

Other than that, it's just been a crazy week working a lot without my comp. Working with members is a very different experience. It was all worth it. I ended up teaching all of the lessons to Jesus without the help of my comp to get him ready for his baptism and now he is a confirmed member of the church. Bracho is now back at work and we're making up for lost time. The next few weeks, there should be..."a pair" of baptisms (in the Spanish/Uruguayo sense meaning "quite a few".) The president called our district leader to tell him to thank us for our work this week, even though Bracho was sick, so the week ended up really good and I ended up really tired. I went to sleep at 9 last night. It was amazing.

Anyways, Jesus`(s) baptism was awesome. We even got to hear a testimony from his father. He said he was very well pleased in his beloved son. Seriously. His dad's a former evangelical pastor who now wants to get baptized, but he can't because he still goes to other churches and is kinda crazy and tried to kill Jesus and his mother, Marìa a few years back. Now we're just trying to figure out the situation to see what to do with him.

Answers to Mom's questions: Yes, my pants are doing just fine. Yes, there are lots of members willing to wash all our clothes. Yes, I'm eating well. Too well.

Sounds like there's a lot of stuff going on up there in the north part of the world. Hope everything works out well for you. I love you and hope you're happy. I'm praying for you always and hoping you don't forget about me down here in Libia, Montevideo, Uruguay.

Thought of the week: Have fun. Be happy. Take advantage of this opportunity to eat some ice cream. You never know when you'll be in Uruguay and it's really expensive.
--
Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all. The salutation of Elder Parry with mine own hand, which is the token in every email: so I write. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home