Monday, April 25, 2011

April 25, 2011 with Elder B in Rio Branco, Uruguay

Hey all,


Felices Pascuas! So I've now passed my second easter in the mission. That's so crazy. easter here is nothing like it is in Buenos Aires. In BA, everyone used holy week as an excuse to not talk to us. Here, they all want to ask us questions about it. Everyone here is really religious. I was quite impressed that everyone talks more about Jesus than the Easter Bunny, but was saddened to hear so much about His death and hardly anything about His resurrection. It was a really good teaching opportunity though. Here, it seems like Good Friday is way bigger than Easter. The ´´Universal Church´´ had all kinds of madness going on for that day. (Confession: La Iglesia Universal is the first church that has actually made me frustrated on the mission. I don't want to talk bad about it, but.. yeah, I better not. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say nothing at all.)



This week has been really good. I don't know why, but it has. It's nice having a bigger focus on Christ on a town-wide basis. Everyone's a little more religious this week and we've found some really great people to teach, but we'll have to see where they go from here. It rained really early sunday morning. It was really nice (kinda cold for an Uruguayo) when church started, but...still no investigators came. We were expecting 5 and none of them came. We're just not sure what to change at this point to help them get to church. Oh well, there's always next week.



So yeah, mother's day coming up. It's unlikely that I change on tuesday, but if I do, I can let you know where I'm going on Monday and ...I dunno. I might have to call you to let you know the number. But, as I said, it's quite unlikely. I'm looking forward to it though!



Hope you've all had a great Easter and that you can remember that Christ Himself taught us how we should celebrate Easter: every week at church, taking His Sacrament. Always remember what He did for us, and what He is still doing for us. Remember what He has promised us and do what it takes to deserve those blessings. His love is for all, but the blessing of Eternal Life is only for those who are faithful to His commandments. I love you all and I'm grateful for your support. Have a great week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home