Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Change Day - Nov. 16, 2010 with Elder Spilsbury


Hey all,,

Everything is going well here. We had changes today and you probly won't believe what happened. I'm still here in Libia like we all expected, but my companion is recently arrived from the ccm. That's right. I'm training. It's been a crazy day. We went into the mission home and had the famous oro-trainer breakfast and we just barely got home back into our area and now we have a ward activity that I'm in charge of, so yeah. My comp is Elder Spilsbury and he's from Las Vegas.

This week is also nuts. We've got our two families that are getting baptized, so we'll be running around organizing the interviews and getting the obstacles resolved for the baptism. Oh yeah, names. The Familia Sosa- Mirian, Raùl, Nadia, and Patrick. The Familia Diaz- Martha and Heber. So we're really looking forward to that. The Sosa family just got married this morning. We were planning on going, but both me and Elder Bracho were called to be trainers, so we couldn't because we had to go to the trainers meeting. Elder Bracho left for Treinta y Tres with his oro and so he will probably meet some of the folks I knew. 33 is not that big of a town.

Spiritual thought on the scriptures: The scriptures as a missionary are our tool to have powerful teaching. As a regular member it's personal. One of my biggest experiences I had with the scriptures was when we did the Book of Mormon challenge of Pres. Hinckley. As a missionary, I've got so many phrases running around in my head from the scriptures because they're how I learned spanish. It's nice having that atmosphere and that kind of thoughts. It helps a lot in the work.

Christmas approacheth. I'm really really looking forward to Christmas here. As I was waiting to hear who I would train, I was really hoping for a Gringo who appreciates the customs of the United States and I got my wish. I'm looking forward to the Christmas call and I'll be sure to get you the details as soon as I can. I assume the mission will want you to call us instead of us calling you like before. I know our number, but I don't remember how to dial into the country. You guys figured it out better than I did the last time, so maybe you guys will be incharge of that. I'll let you know.

This last week was a really miraculous week. After hearing on Sunday that I was going to train, I was kinda unsecure, but the Lord showed me that the area would be ready and I didn't have to worry anymore. I'll let you know how it goes next week for sure.

Hope all keeps going well for you there up north. Hope you're very happy and are excited for Christmas and for the colder weather. It's starting to get hot here, so there's starting to be a big difference between here and there. In the fall and spring, it's about the same, but now...it's really hot. Have fun.

Love you all,

Bryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home