Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Nov. 30, 2010 Maronas, Montevideo with Elder Spilsbury

Hey, I got the Thanksgiving package (Stuffing, mashed potatoes, etc.) last week. Thanks for that. We just got our oven installed, so we're gonnabe cooking cookies as soon as we get a cookie sheet. I'm really excited.)

Hey all,,

Saludos from Elder Parry in Barrio Libia. Hope all is well. All is well here. We're starting to get into the Christmas season. We...kinda forgot about Thanksgiving. Not about giving thanks, but about the holiday. On friday, we said, I think thanksgiving might have been yesterday. It doesn't exist here, so no one said anything. We're super psyched for Christmas. We're in a few choirs, so that's really exciting.

The weather is making me miss weird things I didn't really expect to miss that much. It's almost Christmas, so I start missing sledding and snowboarding, and especially snowmobiling. But at the same time, it's really hot, so I start thinking about cycling (My companion is also a cyclist,) running, jetskiing(Fwa. You have no idea. I was lying in bed this morning and I thought of jetskiing,) swimming. To be honest,I've never wanted to swim more in my life than I do right now. It's really fun being here though. There's plenty of work, so we don't get bored. I just keep thinking about the weather and what I could do with it.

The Sosa family baptism got postponed, so we're still working on that.This last week we've found some cool new investigators, Yann and Irma, so we're trying to prepare them for our White Christmas.

Elder Spilsbury is awesome. It's fun training. Last week, I felt kinda overwhelmed, but now we're figuring things out and he speaks really well and really good at doing contacts which is something that was hard for me at first. He's a capo, as we say in the mission. He, like you guys, gave a talk in sacrament meeting this week. It was awesome. That's funny to hear about Sluder. He's really funny. I wish I could have heard that talk.

So, the biggest thing that's happened this week is the conference of leaders I got to go to even though I'm not a real leader. Maybe some day. It was really cool conference with really good food and my comp got to stay here and work with two others whose comps were also in teh conference.
--
Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all. The salutation of Elder Parry with mine own hand, which is the token in every email: so I write. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home