Monday, January 23, 2012

Jan. 23 in Melo with Elder B





Hey all,

I don't really know what to tell you. I'm super tired. It was a really
good week, but my body is just pleading for rest. Luckily, today is
p-day, so I'm gonna finally get some rest. This week was pretty
normal, except for one thing: I finally got to go to Rio Branco!

Now that Rio Branco is its own district, Elder Gomez is a district
leader out there and I got to do an intercambio with him. We went
looking for my old investigators to see if they had some luck with
them. The ward is doing a lot better now than it was when I was there.
Example: I had quite a few young men and women investigators, but
there were no other young men or young women. Now that they do,
there's a lot better chance they can get those people i was teaching
to church and get them baptized. It was a really fun day. I got to see
some old places and old faces. The missionaries now live upstairs from
where we lived before. The picture of me with the green door is our
old house and now they live right above it. The sign that says Rio
Branco is at the old almost abandoned train station. After I left, I
saw Elder Powell had taken a picture there and I always regretted not
thinking of it. Then we were cutting through there on Friday and I
remembered and I got the pi鐃ure. It was a really great day. Nice to
get a break from my area.

Everything's going well here. We're getting a lot better relationship
with the leaders of our ward. (Still not much lunch, but oh well.
haha) Elder Baxter came in with tons of excitement and is starting to
realize how hard it is to work with our ward, but we're still seeing
lots of good changes. We gave talks yesterday and it was really good.

We were kinda down yesterday because no one that we invited went to
church, but all of a sudden a woman walked into the church with her 2
little kids and she looked lost. I asked her what 创barrio(Ward or
Neighborhood)创 she was from and she said from Barrio Arpi, which is
not a ward, it's a neighborhood, so I knew she wasn't a member. We
directed her to relief society and then in the second hour for sunday
school, we taught the first lesson to her and she was really
receptive. Apparently she'd gone to the same church for years, but was
frustrated because they teach and give sermons, but will never answer
her questions she has about God. She was invited to church by a member
and she came. We invited her to be baptized and she accepted for the
11 of February. It's...really really weird that we're setting
baptismal fechas (dates) for February.

I feel really old. 1 month from today I'll be in Utah, which, because
of the heat we have right now, is sounding like a really good place to
be. I've heard it's not really that cold there though. Is that true?
Is there really no snow? Elder Burnett from Springville said he had
heard that.


Alright, questions and answers:
I don't think it's 130 degrees. That sounds kinda ridiculous. The
hottest I've heard people say is 40 celsius which
is....calculating....104. I would believe that. Maaybe up in Rivera it
could be hotter, just because it's farther north.
I don't see a need to change the homecoming date. You know my schedule
better than I do. I honestly don't really know when the vacation is
either.

Anyways, not much else to tell. I'm taking advantage of my last month
in the mission. We're gonna get a lot of people baptized in the zone
and I'm gonna endure to the end. That's what it's all about, right?






--
Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The
Lord be with you all. The salutation of Elder Parry with mine own
hand, which is the token in every email: so I write. The grace of our
Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.





3 attachments — Download all attachments View all images

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home