Monday, November 28, 2011

Nov. 28, 2011 with Elder M in Melo

Hey all!

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope it was turkeytastic for all you guys! We had a good day...just like every other day. We didn't end up doing anything to celebrate. We didn't remember it until the day of. It doesn't exist at all down here...and there's no turkey. It's getting really hot down here, so...it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Uruguay and nothing like Christmas in Utah. haha

Sounds like you all had a fun week though with Emily and Nathan visiting. That sounds like lots of fun. Hope Christmas is as good as Thanksgiving was for you. (And I hope my Christmas is better than my Thanksgiving haha:)

Christmas will be good though. I'll still be with Elder Moffitt here in Melo, so at least I'm with a Utahn. Elder Alldredge and Elder Ladron de Guevara are getting whitewashed (leaving their area at the same time) so we'll be getting 2 new housemates, Elder Burnett and Elder Vera and we don'tknow them, so that'll be a good new experience.

In other news, for Christmas, we'll be checking out Skype at our bishop's house next p-day to make sure it works. If possible, could you send me my Skype sign-on information? If not, it's no big deal, I'll just make a new account. Oh, just remembered. They did tell us that we need to limit the call to 40 minutes, because that's what it says in the mission manual. Thought i'd let you know now so I don't forget.


Wow. I was starting to wonder when Lon was coming home. That's so crazy that he's already getting home next week. Also, I'd heard that Alex was getting home at the end of December. That's cool though. Congratulations, Valientes...er...valiants. I don'tknow if that term is used in other missions. Here, it means a missionary in his last change of the mission. Example: The elders who were one group ahead of me in the MTC are now Valiants starting tomorrow and I will be a Valiant next change. Wow. Time is still going really fast. Working hard and being focussed really pays off.

Anyways, that's about all I have to say this week. Here's to another good one! Love you all. Have fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home