Monday, October 3, 2011

Oct. 3, 2011 with Elder A in Durazno



HELLO!!!

I absolutely loved conference. Conference is one of my favorite things nowadays. It's just time to listen and learn and figure out what to change about your life. And this one was especially fantastic.

Favorite talks: Matthew Richardson: Are those REAL missionaries? (He was my efy session director once) and Elder Yamashita talking about missionaries. (That's weird that my favorite talks were about missionary work, huh? haha)
Favorite funny quote: We love ya, Bob --Pres. Monson to Elder Robert D. Hales
Favorite story: Elder Devn Cornish's story about finding a praying to find a quarter on his way home from work so he could buy fried chicken.

Anyways, it's been a good week. I'm feeling a lot better. I didn't end up getting the nebulizer, but I'm fine. I'm not even needing my inhaler anymore. I still have allergy symptoms sometimes, but that's easy to control, especially since I now have 3 different types of allergy meds (Zyrtec that I brought with me, Allegra that the nurse told me to get, and Singulair which I use at night). So yeah. That trial is passed.

I'm still tired (see picture attached), but for other reasons. Saturday night, we didn't get home until 11:30 because of Priesthood session that ended at 11. Then we had the time change and lost another hour of sleep. Shortest night of my whole mission. But yeah. That's why we have P-day, right? I'm excited to rest today.

Re: the work. It's going well. Magdalena is doing awesome. She feels serious desires to make changes in her life, including ones that we haven't taught her yet. She has already put in practice some plans to get herself baptized. She wants to be a member so bad, but thinks it'll take forever to make the changes necessary, but we helped her see that her desire to be baptized isn't just her desire, it's His and He will help in any way possible. She went to the last session of conference yesterday, but left before we could talk to her. Also, exciting about conference: One of the families that we challenged to bring someone to conference brought their grandson Matias and he now wants to listen to us. Maria and Oscar went too, and Maria is getting baptized this week if all goes according to plan. Also, and investigator with a baptismal date just moved into our area and she went to conference with her boyfriend who is a recent convert from Centro ward. So yeah. Everything's going pretty well. We're excited for all the people who are progressing towards baptism.




Questions and answers:
Yes, I read Pickles before the mission and really like it. That's cool that he served here.
Yes, CityDeals existed before I left. I don't know much about them, but I know they existed.
Yes, I would love to go to Disneyland!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home