Monday, September 26, 2011

Sept. 26, 2011 with Elder A in Durazno

Hey all,



Hope all is well at home. Things are pretty much the same this week for me, except for the fact that i've been really sick. It's been a pretty hard week.




I hardly slept for 3 nights. The pollen is really really bad here in Durazno, so I've had some really bad spring allergies...which in turn triggered my asthma. I started using my allergy meds that I brought with me, but didn't seem to help. The inhaler helped, but it didn't solve the problem because it doesn't let me sleep. I called the mission nurse and she told me to buy a different allergy medication to see if it helped. It didn't make much difference. I still couldn't sleep. I was kinda going crazy. I kept in contact with the mission nurse she called the Area doctor and they came up with other medication that is for both allergies and asthma (Singulair) and I went to buy it. It does help a lot. Also, I've been boiling water on the stove and inhaling the steam. The doctor told me I could put the equivalent of Vick's Vap.O.Rub in the water and it would help. Then it hit me....There's Vick's here? So I went and bought that and I've been sleeping a lot better. Last night I didn't get much sleep, but it's a lot better than it was. So yeah. That's my story. But no, no sign of parasites. I've never heard of a missionary in this mission with a parasite. I heard of a really bad infection once, but that was because an elder went in barefoot to clean out a nasty baptismal font that hadn't been used in forever and he had a cut on his foot. Supposedly, he was in really bad shape, but that was several months ago.




Other news. Magdalena didn't go to church this week, which was pretty disappointing, but we did have a nice miracle at church. There's a former investigator and her husband(member) who showed up at church. She hadn't gotten baptized yet only because she and her 创husband创 weren't married, but she's been to church tons, loves it, and they got married this week. A counselor in the stake presidency introduced us yesterday and we basically decided right then and there that she could get baptized this weekend between sessions of conference. It's always nice have a little baptism fall out of heaven--one of those tender mercies of the Lord.




Tomorrow we're having a special training meeting from Pres. Da Silva about working with members and we're pretty excited for it. It's something I've been trying to do here, but haven't really figured out how to do it yet. But here we go. Vamos Arriba! It's all pretty excitng stuff. I think I've mentioned it before, but it's called Level 3 of the missionary work. Level 1 is if we just work as missionaries to find and baptize people. Level 2 is when the members help us by giving references and accompanying us to lessons. Level 3 is called 创Missionaries helping members创 so we're learning how to teach and train members instead of bothering them about references. It's really just a change of attitude and how we relate with members.




So yeah. that's my life--recovering from asthma, working with members, and trying to figure out how to get my comp to talk more.




Have a nice week. Do your home and visiting teaching and fulfill your callings everyone!

--
Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all. The salutation of Elder Parry with mine own hand, which is the token in every email: so I write. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home