Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July, 2011 in Durazno

Hey all,

OOHHHHHHHH SAY, CAN YOU SEE BY THE DAWN碨 EARLY LIGHT....!? Anyways, happy fourth, y'all.

Another good week, as always. Things are going well in the area. My comp's still good..kinda difficult, but good. He's just kinda weird. Everything's going well though. There's still people getting baptized soon, so that's exciting. The mission is always better with baptisms.

Tomorrow, I get to go to the leadership conference in Montevideo again, so I get to travel with all the leaders from here in Durazno which all are my really good friends, so I'm excited. We always learn tons in these conferences.

And yes, it's cold. I'm actually getting inside my sleeping bag these days. They say this is the coldest it'll get this winter though. It's really not too bad. The Uruguayos complain about it all the time though. THey tell my the temp in celsius and i don't feel like converting(temperature, not people. I always feel like doing that), so it's good to hear it's 37. That's not even freezing. I feel warmer already!

Speaking of conversion, congratulations to grandma for helping with a baptism! That's so cool. I'm now a firm believer that members have so much power to help with investigators and new members. Hope she can stay strong over there in China. (Is there any church news about china since I left? I've heard rumors.)

Fwa. There's that one little girl investigator that always goes to church. They're moving out to the countryside, so we're losing her. She bore her testimony yesterday and said, 创I want to bear my testimony. I know the church is true. I'd love to get baptized, but we're moving very far away and so I can't...In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.创 It was really sad. The whole ward felt really bad for her. On a happier note, Jorge also bore his testimony and it was awesome.

hoh. we'll have to check out the zoo. Elder Dinkel tells me it's free, so it's a definite possibility.

When is the move? I'll need to inform the offices of the mission of the new address, new stake and ward and new phone number.

ANyways, have a good week, my time's up. Love you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home