Monday, October 24, 2011

Oct. 24, 2011 with Elder Moffitt in Melo

Hey all,



It's been a really good week. A very welcome change. It's really nice being back here in Melo where I'm already familiar with a lot of stuff (the house, a few members, the cyber, etc.) and I'm with an awesome comp, Elder Moffitt. He's amazing. We're getting along really well, despite the universitarian rivalry haha. We're gonna have some baptisms this weekend if everything goes according to plan. We're really excited for this change.



My roommates are Elder Alldredge(California) and Elder Ladròn de Guevara(Jewish French mother/Peruvian father, born in France, lives in Canada) and they're awesome. Elder Ladron de Guevara is our district leader and is doing a really good job. They both have about 8 months in the mission.



Questions and Answers:

Do I have to go to Montevideo a lot now? Yeah. We have ´´Zone Concilio (Council?)´´ once a month along with all the other stuff I had to do as District Leader, like leader training meetings and such.

How far am I from Montevideo? Depends. Usually about 7 hoursish. I pass through 33 to get there, so that's cool. On the way up here, I ran into a couple of members I knew from there. That was cool.

How many missionaries are in the zone? 16.

Rio Branco is in my zone? Yes. There are two elders out there now and the ward is doing really well. There's no district leader there, so i might not be able to do interchanges to go visit like I thought, but it's nice to be close and to see how they're doing.



Wow. I can't believe my flight plans are already there. That's crazy. I don't know how I feel about that. I'm getting to the point in my mission where I don't like saying how long I've been here because people say, ''Wow, you're basically done!'' and I don't like that. I've started saying things like...I have over a year, or...i have a little more time than my comp. I really don't like saying I have 20 months. I did in my talk yesterday(In my new ward, we speak once a month), but from now on, I'll probably just stick to ´´Over a year´´



I got the letters from Crescent View 25th today. Thanks everyone for your support!



Hope everything keeps going well for you guys. Have a nice halloween. Enjoy fall while it lasts and enjoy the snow when it comes. It's raining here and afterwards it's gonna get really hot probably, so yeah..haha. that'll be fun.



Have fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home