Monday, January 31, 2011

January 31, 2011 Maronas with Elder Spilsbury

Hey all,


Sounds like everything keeps on keeping on up there. Here also. Changes come this next week on Tuesday, but until then nothing's really changing. We have some investigators progressing and some more new ones.


Fun fact: The theme of this week is finding investigators who know tons about the bible, which is pretty rare. They're like...legitimately religious people. Here in Maroñas, that's not very common. It's kinda fun teaching them. It's a little harder, but that's what makes it so fun. Some Seventh-Day Adventists gave me a free book about their doctrine. That was pretty exciting. wooh.


It's still hot. That hasn't changed. What has changed is that I got a really good fan for the house so at night, the mosquitos and the heat don't bother us anymore. I like it. Moustache pointed up, as they say. (That's that symbol I did with my hands where it looks like I'm pointing at something. I'm really just doing an upside down moustache.)


:)) Like that


Fwa. Sounds like the wedding is getting really close. Also, my birthday. How time flies. (probably you guys are sick of me saying how fast time goes every week. haha)


Investigators that are quitting smoking, Maria and Veronica didn't go to church. No idea why. We went after to see what happened and they weren't home. We'll see. They were completely set on going the day before. They'redoing well on quitting smoking though.


The asado with Luis Gomez was awesome. The food was the best asado I've ever had. We have tons of lunch with members. There's a really good hermana in charge of arranging it so we have it every day. I've had some good luck with that on my mission.





Elder Spilsbury is doing awesome. His spanish is actually really really good now. He's kinda afraid for when I leave on change day. It's most likely that's what happens. If he leaves and I stay, I'll be kinda sad. I'm a little tired of this area. We'll see what happens.


I'll let you know next Tuesday. Love y'all. Have a nice week.
--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home