Monday, January 3, 2011

1/2/11 with Elder Spilsbury in Libya Ward, Maronas, Montevideo



Hey all,,

Happy new year! Hope all are excited for the awesome stuff that's gonna happen in 2011. It's the only year in the history of the world that I'm on a mission for the whole year. 2010 almost made the cut and 2012 barely qualifies, but 2011 is all year long. There will not be ni siquiera one day in 2011 that I am not on a mission.

Anyways, New Years was not near as exciting as Christmas was here. It's probly about the same as it is at home, so nothing happened until after 9:30, so...we were at home before everything and we went to bed early, so..yeah. Hope you guys still had fun with it.

Yeah, the weather is a litle more tranquilo these last few days. Elder Thorderson's dad came down to pick up his son and claims he brought the cool weather down with him from Salt Lake City. They drove us home from church in their rental car. That was pretty sweet. It's been a while since I've been in a car, let alone a decent car.



Yeah, change day was weird because of the fire at Tres Cruces. Normally we don't go unless we make a change, but I got permission to go so I could say goodbye to Elder Draper who went home. They told us the changes happened at the mission home, so we went there and no one was there so we missed everything, but we got to go t o the distribution center, which was nice. Yes, I did get all my stuff from 33 when Bracho came down for his oro's medical checkup

I resent those pictures. I hope they all get there this time. Also, I'm sending some new ones. One is from when I kneeled to pray before leaving and the light from the new skylight made it look like I was receiving the First Vision. The other one is me teaching a practice lesson in the apartment using an ancient folleto that has a picture of J. Willard Marriot as an example of "What type of people believe in the Book of Mormon?" teaching us that rich hotel owners believe in the Book of Mormon.
The engagement pictures look awesome. Thanks for the invite. That will be so sweet. Sorry I'm gonna have to miss the wedding, but I'm gonna be in Uruguay that weekend...

Alright, I'll start using sunscreen. I'm already taking the advices from that song to "do one thing every day that scares you" and "Don't worry. Worrying is about as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum."

Sosa family update: nope. They didn't get baptized. At this point, it's not looking too good. We're giving them time to think.

Other updates: We're finally starting to find new investigators more regularly. We had a hard time with that for a while, but things are starting to turn around.

Hope things keep going well for the folks up north. Enjoy the snow.Hope you have a good new year.

--
Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all. The salutation of Elder Parry with mine own hand, which is the token in every email: so I write. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home